Friday, September 11, 2015

Blank Space

I searched the web for "erotic" and "eroticism" and the results weren't exactly... as relevant as what I was hoping. I guess I'll just wing this.

People these days seem to link eroticism with love. I disagree. Yes, eroticism is part of, but it's not the entirety of it. Just because something gets your motor going doesn't mean you're in love with it. There's more to people and relationships than just bow-chicka-bow-bow. The focus on eroticism and trying to find something that gets you going is too much in my opinion. People are entitled to their standards, don't get me wrong, and I, like anybody, want to find someone attractive, but I don't want to just find someone attractive and run away with them. There's plenty more than needs to happen. I guess you could say sparks aren't enough, I need wildfires, haha!

tldr: Looks aren't everything, and basing a relationship purely on looks is likely to create problems.

1 comment:

  1. People really do associate eroticism with love! I'm so glad someone else pointed that out. I feel like our society has lost touch with romanticism and chivalry and most people are settling and clinging on to a relationship that is mediocre because of, for lack of better word, the eroticism. They start to neglect respect and integrity.

    ReplyDelete