Wednesday, September 2, 2015

From inside the church: Creationism & Eroticism

     Yes... I'm writing this from the inside of a church... I feel the lightning ready to strike... seriously though... this feels really awkward...

     Anyways, I think it's quite fascinating how so many people have so many different perspectives on what exactly is "erotic." Ironically, something which many would consider naturally entwined with creation actually isn't that related to it at all.

     With eroticism being stuff that pretty much arouses you, that opens the scope... a lot. For those who might find spoons erotic, spoons don't exactly create anything when used for sexual arousal (except for maybe an infection of sorts). While eroticism isn't necessarily directly linked to creationism, however, the former can lead to the latter. Someone who may find a man doing the dishes erotic, for example, may end up engaging sexually with that man and end up having children.

     Strangely, I feel like I've a new perspective on eroticism. It's not all about "chains and whips excite me" as is probably stereotypical. It's just what turns you on. That could be chains and whips, or possibly just seeing someone sitting playing video games. That which is erotic is different for everyone and I think that fact is great because it makes all of us unique!

1 comment:

  1. Good points. Eroticism is way beyond physical attraction and human passion.

    ReplyDelete